If you love water, sun, and beach, Newport Beach is the right place for you. Let’s explore the beautiful side of Orange County with an exciting day on the water. Kayaking in Newport Beach is something you don’t want to miss out on, whether you are here for the first time or are a regular visitor.
In order to make sure your safety and enjoy a smooth sailing excursion, you need to choose the right kind of kayak.
Beginners who are just starting out with kayaking find sit-on-top kayaks to be the easiest and most comfortable type. It’s easy to get in and out of them, and you won’t feel trapped, so it’s easier to keep your balance.
Sit-inside kayaks have cockpits, which are enclosed spaces that keep you dry if you are paddling in a rainstorm. If you are planning to go on a long kayaking trip and want the feel of being in a boat, then sit-inside kayaks might be for you. However, beginners might find them to be a bit confining.
How do you ensure a safe kayaking experience?
The rules of kayaking can be extremely detailed and subjective, but here are some things to keep in mind if you are a beginner.
- When kayaking alone or with others, always launch from a shore that is easily visible & accessible to rescuers in the event of an emergency.
- After checking the weather forecast, plan your kayaking trip strategically so that you are not caught in the rain or high winds.
- Always wear a life jacket when you are on the water. While most people find it uncomfortable to kayak with the jacket on, wearing a kayaking-specific life jacket can help you feel more comfortable and unrestricted.
- Seek qualified instruction to learn appropriate paddling techniques, water safety, and basic first aid.
- Make sure you are within the weight capacity of your boat and check for any wear or tear before you paddle.
- Always follow the boating rules of the area you’re in.
Are you looking to rent a premium quality Kayak in Orange County? Balboa Fun Tours has the largest fleet in Orange County and can handle one person to very large groups. We have some of the best quality kayaks in our fleet that are turning out to be the best means to see the sights at Newport Harbor. Our kayak rental packages include everything needed to make your kayaking experience a lifetime memory.